In this course, we’ll take you step by step through how to create accurate building models using the ModelIT application. With the help of our training videos, notes and test models, you will learn how to quickly create clean, simple geometry, for simulations that avoid errors and run faster.
On completion of this course, you’ll know how to
- Create and view geometry, and create images for reports
- Edit the geometry, including changing glazing on a whole model or a single space or opening
- Name and group spaces to make it easier to assign data in other VE applications
- Run checks and generate reports on the model geometry
- Save and archive models for record-keeping purposes
Jeanne is a user content developer at IES, whose focus is on providing accessible training to users. Jeanne has over 10 years IESVE experience, and industry experience developing corporate sustainable building design tools and guidelines for multi-national implementation. With an MSc in Energy and Sustainable Building Design, she has also contributed to a working group for local building regulation development.