ApPro and ApLocate
This course looks at how to use the Apache Profile (ApPro) to create, view, edit and collate profiles. These profiles are used within Apache and other VE applications to describe variations over time, across a calendar year.
It will also show you how to use the ApLocate to set the project location and select the weather files to be used for calculations and dynamic simulations within the VE.
- Setting the project location and selecting weather files
- The main types of profiles within the VE
- The information required to create daily profiles
- Constructing formula profiles
- Building up weekly profiles using daily profiles
- Building up annual profiles using weekly profiles
- Creating and editing Compact profiles
- Importing daily, weekly or annual system profiles
Jeanne is a user content developer at IES, whose focus is on providing accessible training to users. Jeanne has over 10 years IESVE experience, and industry experience developing corporate sustainable building design tools and guidelines for multi-national implementation. With an MSc in Energy and Sustainable Building Design, she has also contributed to a working group for local building regulation development.